Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Proof That I Am Indeed...

I now have absolute proof that I am indeed an old hippy. Last week, I discovered that Earth shoes were back in business. For those too young to remember, Earth shoes were the shoes that the hippies of the early seventies wore. The think that set them apart were the reverse heel - where your heel was a quarter inch below your toes. Clunky, ugly, but positively the most comfortable shoes I ever graced my feet with. For over ten years, those were the only shoes I would wear.

Then they disappeared - right off the face of the earth.

Reading through an issue of Body and Soul last week, I saw an ad. Could it be? I asked myself. I went online and sure enough, there they were. I immediately ordered a pair of sandals. With hopeful anticipation, I waited for delivery and in the meantime, went back and ordered a pair of boots.

My sandals came Monday. They were exactly like I remembered. Well, maybe not quite so clunky. I put them on my feet, and low and behold, my feet felt like they had come home. My feet were happy and so was I.

So who but an old hippy would be blogging about the joy of finding Earth shoes again? Proof indeed.

No comments: