Friday, December 23, 2005

Finally a Weekend

We got our gift already. Better half gets three days off. Wow, it seems like forever since he’s had a long weekend. This is going to be so cool.

With the extra day, we’re almost assured of time on the sawmill, once we get it moved, that is. Hopefully, we’ll be able to do that tomorrow. It’s supposed to be nigh on sixty degrees out.

We aren’t expecting any of the kids home for the holiday this year. So, it will just be the two of us, and Oscar the sawmill. Can you tell I’m a tad excited about that?

We’ll probably cook over the firepit too. I don’t know what yet, but I’m sure we’ll come up with something. Usually, unless it’s chili, the kids will take one look in the Dutch oven and say something to the effect of; “I think I’ll have a cheese sandwich.” I’m not sure where they got their taste buds from, but it sure wasn’t Kevin or I.

About the only thing healthy the older kids are willing to eat is nutritional yeast. Beyond that, they aren’t even willing to taste. Oldest daughter dumpling will eat tofu – if it’s on homemade pizza and there are no better options available.

Speaking of tofu, did you know you can order it from Amazon? Our local supercenter stopped carrying Mori-Nu Extra Firm, instead offering only firm of another brand. So, we went on a search and found it on Amazon of all places at an affordable price.

It seems we’re buying more and more of our non-perishable food products online. And why not? They ship straight to our door and it usually costs less than buying it local. One of our favorite finds was Bulk Foods. We purchased all of our winter storage dry goods from them this year and have been well pleased with the products.

Okay, I’ve rambled on long enough for one day, I suppose.

To all my readers, Merry Christmas. I’ll be back on Tuesday.

No comments: