Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Few Thoughts on The Sawmill Project

Okay, I’ve got to admit, it’s been humorous to see some of the responses to The Sawmill Project on my website. Seems most, (read that men) have a real hard time believing that a woman is out working with her husband making logs into lumber.

Now, I admit, before we began this project, the most complicated machine I had ever operated was my Oster Kitchen Center. Honestly, though, the sawmill is much more straightforward. Move blade down, move forward and cut. Sure beats trying to find all the right attachments when you need them.

I am having fun. Watching logs turn into lumber is a very rewarding experience. Seeing that lumber pile up and knowing that it will help us achieve our goals is beyond fantastic to me. Knowing that in the future, our little sawmill may help us reach the point where neither of us has to leave the house to earn a buck is what motivates me to learn all I can.

So, to you naysayers, carry on. I’ll just bet you wish your other half would support your dreams as well.

No comments: