Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dank Day

I know it's not a word you hear much anymore, but it does perfectly describe how it looks outside. Not that I've been out there yet. But grey skies and cool temps always make me think of the word 'dank'.

I do have to go out eventually. The dogs are staring at the house (they know I'm in here) and wood does have to be brought in, so after I post this, I'll bundle up and go out and do chores. Although at the moment, there aren't too many of them.

I'm really looking forward to spring again. I'll be ordering chickens in February, about the same time as we start the garden seedlings in the greenhouse. And at some point in early spring, I'll order our olive, fig, and pomegranate trees for the front gardens.

Just lots to be thinking about on this day, Winter Solstice; the shortest day of the year.

Hurry up spring, I'm ready for you now.

BTW, I've added a couple of new links over on the side of the page, you might want to check them out.

No comments: