Friday, February 03, 2006

The Last Couple of Weeks

It feels good to be back. The last couple of weeks have really been a blur, with things happening that I hope I don't have to experience again any type soon.

Last week, we had to make an emergency trip to Houston. Kevin's brother-in-law (married to his older sister) died of a heart attack. He was a day away from being 59.

Trust me, this was no way to have a family reunion. While it was good to see everyone again, tears are not the way to do it. I felt so bad, just truly a terrible ache in my heart, to see his sister so devastated. They had only been married for a little over eight years having tied the knot the summer after Kevin and I.

We got back late Thursday afternoon and basically just did nothing over the weekend.

Monday, I was ready to go back to work. Did my morning net runaround and be darned if I didn't pick up a half dozen viruses before 10 am. And yes, I DO have virus protection, I DO have adaware, and I DO have spybot. How those pesky little devils got thru is beyond me, but I think it had something to do with a few pop-ups that got past both yahoo and google pop-up blockers.

They're gone now and I've gone back to Firefox as my browser. At least on the laptop, my work computer. Darn hard to send email writing assignments until you know you're clean.

But, I'm caught up now. Updated The Sawmill Project today also with a new article and more pictures. The weekend is almost here, so we'll be off building a shed or something.

With any luck, I'll be back to daily posting next week.

No comments: