Thursday, June 16, 2005

Of Modems, Freelancing, and other things

Lost the modem on the desktop yesterday. Big helicopter flys over, modem makes a strange noise and boom, lost connection and dead modem. Made me very glad that I have two modems that will work in the laptop. At least, I can still do my thing online.

Of course, the laptop modems are a bit slower, but then again, all I'm doing is uploading text for the most part. That's what I do as a freelance writer. Write my articles, then upload them to the appropriate site. I will have to buy another modem for the desktop soon though, or my website will suffer. The software I use is on the desktop and I suppose I could transfer it all to the laptop, but why? It's just a matter of running to Wal-mart and picking up another one.

The one think I'm sure of, next time I hear the low flying whooop, whooop, whooop of helicopter blades, I will be unplugging - at least until they have passed.

No comments: