Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Sun is Shining

Finally. The main problem with dial-up is thunderstorms. Unstable air guarantees that I will not be online. In fact, the first hint of thunder has me running around shutting down computers, unplugging phone lines (not just from the modem, but also the cordless phone) and waiting for the storm to pass.

The past five days have been like that. Maybe an hour online a day, the rest of the time, waiting for the storms to pass. Not that we didn't need the rain, we did. Our gardens are loving the extra moisture. But come on, mother nature, do we really need the theatrics? Can't you just send gentle rains? I can really live without the power surges and the other problems thunder and lightening bring.

I am grateful the sun is out today. The tiger lilies outside the living room window look like they've grown a foot in the last couple of days and are about ready to bloom. With the blue sky, my mood is better and I'm ready to take on the world. One keyword at a time. After all, that's how I earn my money here in the backwoods, one word at a time.

No comments: